Cambridge schedules A-Levels retake examination for October

Web DeskAugust 18, 2023
Cambridge schedules A-Levels retake examination for October

Cambridge will organize a retake exam in October, allowing students to sit for subjects or components they missed due to the May 2023 law and order situation. The government’s announcement came after a meeting at the Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training (MoFEPT), involving representatives from Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), British Council, educational boards, and private schools. This move aims to address concerns about unexpected grades in A and AS level exams.

Cambridge will not impose fees for the retake exams, and the British Council will offer a cost-effective logistics plan. Re-evaluation and re-assessment will occur when substantial differences between school-assigned and Cambridge assessment grades are identified. Schools will initiate re-evaluation and re-assessment requests to Cambridge, with schools covering 80% of the costs and parents covering the remaining 20%. If grades change due to re-evaluation, full fees will be reimbursed.

Read more : Maryam Nawaz Supports A-Level Students Challenging Cambridge Exam Grades and Unjust Rescheduling

The ministry plans to discuss with university vice-chancellors the flexibility of admissions. Coordination with provincial governments to implement similar measures is also underway. A complaints redressal mechanism will be established under the Private Institution Education Regulatory Authority (PIERA) to address unresolved complaints.

Contextually, Pakistani students expressed dissatisfaction with Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) AS and A-Level results, where many received lower grades than expected. Cambridge International issued average grades after exams were canceled on May 9 and 12 due to political tension following the arrest of PTI Chairman Imran Khan. Students and parents demanded re-conduction of canceled papers for grade improvement. Cambridge International cited the process of aligning standards back to pre-pandemic levels in response to the situation.

Share This Post

News Guru

WEb logo-04 (1)

We strive to bring you the most comprehensive and up-to-date news from reliable sources. Our team of experienced journalists and writers are committed to delivering unbiased and factual news, with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.

News Guru, 2023 © All Rights Reserved POWERED BY DIGITAL MARVELS