PCB Denies Allegations of Non-Payment of PSL Players by International Cricketer’s Association

Web DeskMarch 28, 20241413 min
PCB Denies Allegations of Non-Payment of PSL Players by International Cricketer’s Association

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has responded to the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA) regarding claims of payment irregularities in the Pakistan Super League (PSL). PCB denied any delays in player payments during the PSL, following FICA’s report on late or non-payment issues in various major franchise leagues over the past two years.

 

FICA stated that one in four players has faced payment issues in sanctioned leagues, including the IPL, Bangladesh Premier League, Lanka Premier League, Canada’s Global T20, and PSL. The CEO of FICA, Tom Moffat, expressed concerns about the treatment of players in these leagues, describing the situation as akin to the “Wild West.”

Also Read: PCB Chairman Confirms Pakistan to Host Champions Trophy Early Next Year

In response, Usman Wahla, PCB’s director of international cricket operations, refuted the accusations, stating that there had never been any delay in player payments during any of the nine seasons of PSL. Wahla informed foreign media outlets that PCB had written to FICA to rectify the information in their document.

PSL’s contract terms stipulate that players should receive 70% of their fee within seven days of their arrival in Pakistan, with the remaining 30% to be paid within 40 days of their final league match.

PCB had previously faced a similar situation when Australian all-rounder James Faulkner left during the final stages of the 2022 PSL, alleging that the board failed to honor his contract. However, subsequent investigations revealed that Faulkner’s claims were false, and he had caused disturbances at the team’s hotel. As a result, PCB banned Faulkner from participating in future editions of the PSL.

Share This Post

News Guru

WEb logo-04 (1)

We strive to bring you the most comprehensive and up-to-date news from reliable sources. Our team of experienced journalists and writers are committed to delivering unbiased and factual news, with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.

News Guru, 2024 © All Rights Reserved