PML-N and GDA Collaborate for Upcoming General Elections

Web DeskDecember 30, 2023
PML-N and GDA Collaborate for Upcoming General Elections

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA) have come to an agreement to collaborate and provide mutual support in the upcoming general elections.

This development occurred during a meeting between PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif and GDA chief Pir Pagara, with the presence of PML-N leaders Khawaja Saad Rafique and Ayaz Sadiq.

In the meeting, the two parties reached a consensus on a four-party seat adjustment formula.

According to sources, this four-party alliance includes the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F).

Also Read: Faisal Saleh Hayat Quits PPP Again, Joins PML-N

The primary aim of this electoral alliance is reportedly to challenge the political dominance of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) in Sindh.

Former Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif is currently leading a PML-N delegation in Sindh to form electoral alliances.

Following the meeting, Shehbaz Sharif and Pir Pagara reaffirmed their commitment to collaboration, pledging to participate jointly in the upcoming elections and provide mutual support as needed.

Shehbaz Sharif, addressing the media, pointed out the prolonged dominance of a single party in the province and announced the consensus on a four-party seat-adjustment formula.

Also Read: ECP To Challenge PHC’s Decision of Reinstating PTI’s Bat Symbol

Both PML-N and GDA leaders acknowledged reservations about the upcoming elections, particularly concerning the prevalence of PPP candidates in nearly every constituency. They clarified that they did not discourage anyone from participating in the elections, acknowledging the right of every individual to contest.

GDA leaders stated that the delegation led by former Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif attentively listened to their concerns. They emphasized that while 30 to 35 percent of votes leaned towards the PPP, their focus was on the remaining 65 percent of votes. The GDA leaders expressed their intent to alter the prevailing political trend of the past 15 years by defeating the PPP in several constituencies on election day.

Share This Post

News Guru

WEb logo-04 (1)

We strive to bring you the most comprehensive and up-to-date news from reliable sources. Our team of experienced journalists and writers are committed to delivering unbiased and factual news, with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.

News Guru, 2024 © All Rights Reserved