A major incident occurred at a British broadcaster when a UK radio station mistakenly aired an emergency message announcing the death of King Charles III. The station later confirmed it was a technical error.
Radio Caroline said the false announcement was triggered by a computer malfunction. This activated its emergency protocol designed for a monarch’s death.
According to the station, the system is kept in standby mode for all UK radio broadcasters as part of official preparedness procedures. However, it was accidentally activated.
The incorrect broadcast went live on Tuesday afternoon, May 19. It briefly informed listeners that the King had passed away, which was not true.
After the error, the UK radio station immediately went silent. This is part of standard emergency procedure protocols.
The silence helped engineers quickly identify the issue. The station then restored normal programming and issued an on-air correction.
In its official statement, Radio Caroline apologized for the mistake. It explained that the announcement was caused by a technical error in the main studio system.
The station clarified that the “Death of a Monarch” procedure is held in readiness by many UK radio networks. It is only meant to be used in rare official circumstances.
The broadcaster said the false alert was unintentional. It also confirmed that the system had been mistakenly triggered without human approval.
Radio Caroline expressed regret for the confusion caused. It also apologized directly to King Charles III and listeners.
The station added that it has previously broadcast royal messages, including Christmas addresses from both the Queen and the King.
Officials said they hope to continue such broadcasts in the future under normal circumstances.
The incident has raised questions about automation systems used in emergency broadcasting. Many UK radio stations rely on similar protocols to ensure rapid response in critical national events.
The broadcaster has now reviewed its systems to prevent similar errors. It emphasized that safeguards will be strengthened following the incident.
Listeners were reassured that no actual emergency occurred. The situation was fully resolved shortly after detection.
In other news read more about: Poonam Pandey Defends Against Fake Death Controversy




