A Karachi court has issued fresh directions in the Amir Liaquat video leak case. The court ordered authorities to ensure the presence of key prosecution witnesses.
The court directed the Director General of NADRA to block the identity cards of two absent witnesses. The order came after the witnesses failed to appear before the court.
The court also instructed the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to produce the witnesses by August 27. The next hearing is expected to focus on their appearance and further proceedings.
The case involves allegations related to videos connected with former television host and politician Amir Liaquat Hussain. His former wife, Dania Shah, is facing proceedings in the matter.
During the hearing, defence lawyer Liaquat Gabol raised concerns about delays in the prosecutionโs case. He argued that witnesses had not been produced despite repeated opportunities.
Gabol said Dania Shah had been travelling from Lodhran to Karachi for nearly three years. He questioned why the prosecution had still been unable to present its witnesses.
According to the defence, the prosecution has not yet established a key allegation against Shah. The lawyer said the FIA had failed to prove that any video was created using Shahโs mobile phone.
He also said the agency had not established that any alleged video was sent from her mobile device. The defence maintained that these points were important to determining the allegations.
The courtโs latest order places further responsibility on the FIA to present the required witnesses. Their appearance could help clarify the evidence being relied upon by the prosecution.
The video leak case has remained pending amid repeated court proceedings. The latest hearing again highlighted delays in producing witnesses before the court.
The court has now set August 27 as the deadline for the FIA to produce them. The agency will have to comply with the order during the next stage of proceedings.
The defence is expected to continue challenging the prosecutionโs evidence. Meanwhile, the court will assess the available material and witness statements according to law.
The video leak case remains under judicial consideration, and no final decision has been announced. The allegations against the accused remain subject to the ongoing legal process.
Further proceedings will determine whether the prosecution can establish its claims through admissible evidence. The courtโs next hearing is therefore expected to be important for the case.
In other news read more about: Bushra Iqbal pursues justice for Aamir Liaquat in video leak case




