Breaking News

T20 World Cup 2024: Babar Azam Aims for World Cup Victory

T20 World Cup 2024: Babar Azam Aims for World Cup Victory

Pakistan skipper Babar Azam expressed his full focus on winning the T20 World Cup 2024, emphasizing that individual goals could wait. Speaking to media persons in Dallas, Babar stressed the team’s commitment over personal records, saying, “What my team requires of me is my commitment, rather than focusing on personal records.”

“We have come to the United States well-prepared. We have a clear mindset on what kind of game we would play,” Babar remarked, emphasizing the team’s aim to perform well and achieve success in the World Cup.

Reflecting on past experiences, Babar noted the team’s familiarity with playing under similar conditions. He highlighted the rigorous training regimen, with batters focusing on indoor practice and bowlers honing their skills on the field.

Also Read: PAK vs US: Imad Wasim Ruled Out of Pakistan’s First T20 World Cup Match

Regarding the T20 World Cup matches held so far, Babar noted the absence of high-scoring games and emphasized the importance of adaptable plans for the team. He mentioned the experience of some players with conditions in the US, particularly highlighting all-rounders Shadab Khan and Imad Wasim, along with fast bowler Haris Rauf.

Discussing player performance, Babar expressed confidence in Shadab Khan’s reliability under various conditions. He acknowledged the need for improvement, particularly referencing Saim Ayub’s performance.

Looking ahead to the match against the United States on June 6, Babar expressed faith in his team’s ability to excel despite home conditions favoring the US. He emphasized the importance of senior players taking responsibility as the team gears up for the World Cup.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
WhatsApp