United States President Donald Trump has said that Trump will be involved โindirectlyโ in the second round of nuclear negotiations with Iran. The high-stakes talks are scheduled to take place in Geneva on Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, Trump described the upcoming discussions as very important. He said he would take part indirectly in the process. He also noted that Iran is a tough negotiator.
The remarks came as Iranโs Foreign Minister, Abbas Araghchi, arrived in Geneva. He is holding meetings ahead of the indirect negotiations with US officials.
Tensions remain high in the Gulf region before the talks. The United States has deployed a second aircraft carrier to the area. Meanwhile, Iranโs Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, warned that any attack on Iran would lead to wider conflict in the region.
Trump also referred to last Juneโs escalation. During that period, the US joined Israel in a 12-day conflict with Iran. Three Iranian nuclear sites were bombed during the strikes. The attacks disrupted earlier indirect talks about Tehranโs nuclear programme.
Trump said he believes Iran does not want the consequences of failing to reach a deal. He suggested that Tehran may now be more willing to negotiate.
However, key disagreements remain between both sides. The United States wants Iran to stop uranium enrichment on its soil. Washington also seeks to expand the talks to include Iranโs missile programme.
Tehran insists its nuclear activities are peaceful. Iranian officials have rejected the demand for zero uranium enrichment. They have also ruled out discussions about missile capabilities. Iran says it will only accept limits on its programme in exchange for sanctions relief.
Araghchi said he arrived in Geneva with practical ideas for a fair agreement. He added that submission under threats is not an option. He also met Rafael Grossi, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, for technical discussions.
Iran had earlier suspended cooperation with the UN nuclear watchdog after US and Israeli strikes. The agency is seeking clarity on Iranโs 440kg stockpile of enriched uranium. It also wants inspections to resume at sites like Natanz nuclear facility, Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant, and Isfahan Nuclear Technology Center.
In other news read more about US Board of Peace to Fund $5 Billion for Gaza Reconstruction: Trump
Both sides have shown willingness to engage. Yet major differences over uranium enrichment and the scope of talks continue to create uncertainty around the Geneva negotiations.




