Detecting locationโ€ฆ
Breaking News

SHC Extends Suspension of CCE-2024 Results Until June 9

SHC Extends Suspension of CCE-2024 Results Until June 9

The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday extended its interim order suspending the results of the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE)-2024 until June 9. The order came after the Sindh Public Service Commission (SPSC) informed the court that all examination records had been sealed according to earlier court directions.

A constitutional bench of the SHC, led by Justice Muhammad Saleem Jessar and Justice Nisar Ahmed Bhanbhro, heard several petitions against the CCE-2024 results. The SPSC had announced the written examination results on May 6.

During the hearing, the SPSC submitted compliance reports before the SHC. The commission stated that all relevant documents had been sealed to maintain transparency during the legal proceedings. These records included attendance sheets, answer scripts, award sheets, and mark sheets.

The SHC also allowed petitioners to include the 70 successful candidates as respondents in the case. In addition, officials from the SPSC and a provincial law officer accepted notices in two newly filed petitions with similar claims.

The SPSC questioned whether the petitions were legally maintainable. The commission argued that candidates already had legal options available under existing rules. According to the SPSC, candidates could file representations and appeals if they were dissatisfied with the results.

The commission further told the SHC that the examination process was still incomplete. It said only the written examination results had been declared, while interviews were yet to take place.

According to official figures shared in court, 4,340 candidates appeared in the CCE-2024 written examination. However, only 70 candidates managed to secure the required passing marks.

The SPSC also defended the checking process. It stated that independent subject specialists from across Pakistan evaluated the answer scripts. The commission denied allegations of interference or favoritism during marking.

Petitioners, however, accused the commission of irregularities in the examination process. They claimed deserving candidates were ignored while preferred candidates were declared successful.

During the proceedings, Justice Jessar remarked that the โ€œmurder of meritโ€ was more serious than murder itself. Justice Bhanbhro also criticised the commission for allegedly not learning from earlier judicial observations against it.

In other news read more about SHC Hears Petition Over Milk Prices, Seeks Government Reply on Retail Profits

The SHC directed that its earlier interim order would continue until the next hearing scheduled for June 9.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
WhatsApp