Defence Minister Khawaja Asif told the National Assembly that there was no serious health issue concerning Imran Khan.
Speaking on Friday, Asif said he could make the statement under oath. He said Imran Khan had faced an eye problem but had recovered.
He added that minor blood pressure issues could occur with age. The minister also said one of Khanโs sisters had met him.
Asif said she could provide information about the former prime ministerโs current health condition. He also announced that doctorsโ examination reports would be made public.
The defence minister urged political parties to avoid turning Khanโs health into a political matter. He described such an approach as political dishonesty.
Asif also criticised PTIโs conduct and compared it with PML-N leaders. He said PML-N leaders continued attending parliament despite imprisonment.
He said his partyโs leaders never claimed they could not attend parliament because Nawaz Sharif or Maryam Nawaz were imprisoned.
Asif criticised PTIโs political standards but ended his remarks by praying for Khanโs health.
Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway Targeted for 2028
Federal Parliamentary Secretary for Communications Gul Asghar Khan also briefed the National Assembly on road projects.
He said the Karachi-Hyderabad motorway had been given high priority. The government expects the project to be completed by 2028.
The project had remained delayed for almost three decades. It has now been divided into five sections.
Each section covers roughly 50 kilometres. The project requires an estimated investment exceeding $400 million.
Gul Asghar said previous efforts failed to attract sufficient investment. The government also lacked adequate funds for the project.
All five sections were offered internationally to attract investors. Three sections have received investment through different financing arrangements.
The Islamic Development Bank is involved in financing some sections. The Frontier Works Organization has also expressed interest in two sections.
The parliamentary secretary said the existing M-9 would continue operating as an expressway. Meanwhile, a new M-10 motorway is planned.
The proposed M-10 would provide a direct connection between Karachi and Hyderabad. Its feasibility study has already been completed.
Chitral Road Projects Face Funding Challenges
Gul Asghar also discussed road development in northern areas. He said the N-145 route is being maintained by the National Highway Authority.
The 82.5-kilometre road connects Chitral City with Dora Pass. It passes through Garam Chashma and faces difficult terrain.
The route is narrow and includes sections made from earthen tracks. Heavy rainfall also increases the risk of landslides.
Maintenance work is being carried out through eight contracts. The estimated cost is Rs44.145 million.
Improvement work on another section is also underway. The project from Chitral to Booni and Shandur covers 153 kilometres.
The project has been divided into four packages. Its revised cost stands at Rs17.783 billion.
Gul Asghar said around Rs8.2 billion had been released so far. Overall physical progress has reached about 37.7 percent.
The project suffered delays because of floods, difficult terrain and funding issues. Approval delays and contractual problems also affected progress.
He said construction has now resumed after contractual matters were resolved. The project is targeted for completion by December 2026.
NHA Reports Higher Toll Revenue
The parliamentary secretary said NHA toll revenue increased during the previous financial year. Revenue rose from Rs64.430 billion to Rs85.550 billion.
He said several measures were introduced to improve transparency. These include third-party traffic counts and open toll plaza auctions.
The NHA also displays toll rates at plazas. Operators must provide toll slips based on vehicle categories.
A penalty of Rs500,000 can apply for overcharging. Authorities have also introduced e-bidding to improve revenue collection.
Gul Asghar said several major motorway projects were facing delays. He attributed these delays to technical, financial and administrative challenges.
He rejected claims that motorway alignments were changed for personal interests. He said engineering standards and technical considerations guided the final decisions.
The government also continues working on the Lahore-Bahawalnagar Motorway. Its revised cost has increased following detailed design work and updated construction rates.
The revised PC-I now estimates the project at Rs406.914 billion. CDWP recommended the revised proposal for ECNEC approval in June 2026.
A commercial feasibility study for PPP sections is also underway. The study is expected to be completed by August 30, 2026.
Gul Asghar said the NHA also supports development projects in Balochistan. Around Rs109 billion was allocated for the province during the previous year.
He said Balochistan faces challenges in generating toll revenue. Resistance and vandalism have affected toll collection in some areas.
The government continues using development funding for important road links. Officials said financing and project implementation will remain key priorities.
In other news read more about: Imran Khanโs Sister Disputes Government Account of Hospital Transfer




